Terms and Conditions
1. Eligibility: This sweepstakes is sponsored by Lay It Out Events, whose address is 704 NW Georgia Avenue, Bend, Oregon 97703, and is subject to these terms and conditions and all other rules and requirements referenced or incorporated below (collectively, the “Terms and Conditions”). The Sweepstakes is open only to those who (i) register at the online Sweepstakes web site or online form, (ii) are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry, and (iii) are legal residents of the United States of America. Employees of Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, promotion agencies, and suppliers, and immediate family members (including parents, siblings, and children) and individuals living in the same household of such employees, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
2. Agreement to Terms and Conditions: By participating in the Sweepstakes, participant (“Participant(s)”) agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Terms and Conditions, and Participant represents and warrants that Participant meets the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, Participant agrees to accept the decisions of Sponsor as final and binding as related to the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, and is void where prohibited.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes entries will be accepted online starting on or about Nov. 20, 12:30pm PST and ending Dec. 21, 11:59pm PST.
4. How to Enter: No purchase is necessary to enter or win the Sweepstakes, and a purchase will not improve Participant’s chance of winning the Sweepstakes. Participant must enter the Sweepstakes by submitting an entry using the Sweepstakes web site or online form provided through the Sponsor newsletter or Sponsor social media channels. The Sweepstakes entry form is facilitated through Oregon WinterFest’s website (oregonwinterfest.com). Participant’s entry must fulfill all Sweepstakes requirements, including these Terms and Conditions, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the Terms and Conditions may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Participant may enter only once per Sweepstakes, and Participant may not enter more than once by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the Terms and Conditions. Participant must provide all entry information requested. If Participant uses fraudulent methods or otherwise attempts to circumvent the Terms and Conditions, Participant’s entry may be removed from eligibility, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
5. Prize: The Sweepstakes winner will receive a two-night stay at the Pine Ridge Inn, two tickets to Mt. Bachelor, a $50 gift certificate to the Old Mill District and two buttons to WinterFest—including the wine walk! Actual or appraised value of the Prize may differ from face-value at the time Prize is awarded. The specifics of the Prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other Prize substitution is permitted or required, except at Sponsor’s discretion. Winner shall not transfer or assign the Prize to any other party. Any and all Prize-related expenses, including without limitation, any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. By accepting the Prize, Winner consents to Sponsor’s use of Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, as provided in these Terms and Conditions, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor.
7. Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing based on chance, under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via email (or by phone, if provided). Sponsor may require the selected Winner to complete an affidavit of eligibility, publicity release, or other consents before providing the Prize. Sponsor shall have no liability for a selected Winner’s failure to receive notices due to selected Winners’ spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings, or for a selected Winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the Prize within 48 hours from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a properly-executed affidavit of eligibility or publicity release as required by Sponsor (if any), Prize may be forfeited, and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by Winner of the Prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS BY ANY SELECTED WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by Participant: By entering this Sweepstakes, Participant understands that Sponsor and anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and otherwise use Participant’s entry (including, without limitation, the entry itself, Participant’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, biographical information, image, or statements about the Sweepstakes) as news, publicity, public relations, marketing, promotional materials, or information, without any further notice, review or consent of Participant, worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter in use, in perpetuity, without any further compensation to Participant.
9. Sponsor Authority: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes if Sponsor (in its sole discretion), determines a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control, corrupts or otherwise affects the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the Prize recipient from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the corrective action taken by Sponsor, using a procedure for awarding the Prize that is based on chance. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process, operation of the Sweepstakes, the Sweepstakes or Sponsor website or online form, or otherwise violates these Terms & Conditions. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes and to void entries for reasons including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same Participant from different IP addresses; multiple Sweepstakes entries from the same computer; or the use of bots, macros, scripts or other technical means for entering the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by a Participant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from such Participant to the fullest extent permitted by law. By entering the Sweepstakes, Participant agrees to periodically receive email newsletters and promotions from Sponsor. Participant may opt-out of receiving newsletters and promotions at any time by unsubscribing from the email newsletter or promotions using the procedures provided therein, or by mailing a written exclusion request to Sponsor at: Lay It Out Events, 704 NW Georgia Avenue, Bend, Oregon 97703.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering the Sweepstakes, Participant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its registrant, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors, from any liability, whether caused directly or indirectly, including illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or other damage that may occur, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) Participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or Participant’s acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof, including Participant’s attendance at events related to the Prize; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; and (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF OREGON, WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICT OF LAWS PRINCIPLES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, Participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved before a court located in, or having jurisdiction over, Deschutes County, Oregon. Each party consents and submits to the jurisdiction of any local, state, or federal court having jurisdiction over Deschutes County, Oregon. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for damages other than Participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses related to entering the Sweepstakes, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, and Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Terms and Conditions, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Lay It Out Events, 704 NW Georgia Avenue, Bend, OR 97703. Requests must be received no later than 5 business days after the end of the giveaway entry period.